Friday, April 27, 2012

Best Albums of 2011

So I decided to change it up a bit and not post about sports.  Maybe by posting about music I'll add a few new readers in the process.  This list is my personal opinion.  I'm no where close to being a music critic, but I like to think I know what's good music (this list) and bad music (Ke$ha, Nickelback, The Black Eyed Peas, etc.). There's a big Indie Rock lean, but hey there's a lot of really talented bands that fall under this genre.

So if you like that crappy music and you're looking to change your ways, or if you want a few new bands to listen to, here's some excellent stuff.  Just missing my list were: Wye Oak, Washed Out, Tennis, The Joy Formidable, J. Cole, and St. Vincent.  So go listen to all these bands too!  With each album I've put a track off the new album.  So without further adieu, here's my list of the top 15 albums of 2011:






































Aaannddddd #1 is.......
















1. Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues


It was extremely hard to choose between Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes.  I've listened to Bon Iver's self-titled album around 30 times and absolutely LOVE it.  It's one of my favorite albums ever.  But when I gave Helplessness Blues a listen, I was blown away.  It's an amazing album.  These two albums are two of the best I've ever heard, and two of my personal favorites.  If you haven't listened, do yourself a favor and listen to them.





No comments:

Post a Comment