Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Who am I?

Well, I never thought I'd start a blog.  I definitely don't consider myself a good writer, or even a decent writer.  But this will probably be a better avenue for my thoughts than Facebook and Twitter.  It also helps that I get tired of all the notifications from people commenting on my statuses.  So here I am blog-world.

For those of you that don't know me, I'm Jordan Britton and I'm from the budding metropolis of Monroe, NC.  Since August of 2007 I've relocated to America's greatest city, Raleigh, NC.  During my first month here in Raleigh I was "saved" in a sense and became a die-hard Wolfpack fan.  I try to watch or be at every Wolfpack football and basketball game.  Being in Raleigh has also bred a deep, deep hatred for that school down the road that wears baby blue.  But I'm gonna try to stay unbiased when a topic involving them comes up.

I'm also a die-hard New York Yankees fan, so I'm pretty dang excited about this summer and possibility of the Yankees getting a 28th World Series title.  If Jeter, A-Rod, and Rivera can fight off father time and Michael Pineda and Phil Hughes can become the pitchers we want them to be, then they've got a legit shot at winning it all this year.  Having the YES Network (the Yankees' network that shows all home games) for the first time in my life is also extremely exciting.  Also for the first time in 5 years, I won't be working at Camp Tekoa, freeing up my summer, enabling me to play fantasy baseball and to follow baseball much closer than I have been in years past.  So, yeah, I'm excited for the next few months.

I'm also a fan of the Charlotte Bobcats (it's oh so hard to be, just like NC State sometimes) and the Carolina Panthers.  The NBA has grown on me the last 2 seasons (a great time in the history of the league to become a fan) and I try to watch as many games as possible.  But being a Bobcats fan is hard, so I'm a semi-fan of the Grizzlies and Jeremy Lin and the Knicks.  The Panthers finally got exciting this past year, so I'm finally enjoying watching them again.  Being in college the past 4 1/2 years has made me fall in love with college football, so the Panthers haven't gotten a lot of my attention recently.

So yeah, this blog is gonna be 95% sports, if not more.  I'm a big music fan, especially Indie Rock and Folk, so maybe I'll have a few posts here and there about the music I'm currently listening to.

I'm pretty opinionated, but I hope this blog makes my opinion more valid and makes me more "qualified" to have the opinions I have.  Hopeefully writing this will help me grow as a writer, because honestly I think I'm a terrible writer.  If you don't like my opinions, don't read this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment